Please see the link to a web based booklet of Lent prayer and activity:
"Guided by God St Gerard's Catholic Primary and Nursery School is an inspiring and aspirational community where we learn to love, hope dream and achieve."
"St Gerard's Catholic Primary school is an outstanding school in providing Catholic Education."
"The extent to which the pupils contribute to and benefit from the Catholic life of the school is outstanding. The school exudes a strong sense of spiritual purpose. There is a focus on teamwork, achieving high standards and creating a nurturing welcoming environment where Gospel values permeate every aspect of school life."
(RE Inspection July 2015)
Our Christian faith lies at the heart of our ethos. The children learn about their faith through the Come & See Relgious Education Programme.
At St Gerard's we:
- Enable our children to acquire an excellent religious education through a well taught and well- resourced RE curriculum.
- Promote Christian values of love and acceptance, providing opportunities for all to develop an awareness of God’s presence.
- Enrich the spiritual life of the school community through quiet reflection, prayer, collective worship and celebration.
- Promoting learning and equality for all as we strive to create independent, spiritual, life-long learners.
- Developing strong links between our school and the parish community.
- Working together to promote and safeguard the welfare of everyone in our school community.
With these underlying principles, we embark upon a journey which leads the children to understand the relationship between life and faith.
No Outsiders in Our School
As a Catholic school we promote the Gospel values of love and forgiveness. We welcome and value everyone in our school, celebrating and valuing our differences, our uniqueness and that we are all equally loved by God.
We aim to ensures that pupils are happy and excited about living and learning in a community full of difference and diversity.
To ensure that our children are taught to live out these values, the school has adopted the 'No Outsiders in Our School' text based approach, through which our children learn about equality and diversity. This is one aspect of how we teach children about equality and diversity through the curriculum.